Glass Bongs Guide
What Is in Cigarettes?Thursday, 26 November 2015
Many people know that cigarettes have bad things in them, but not nearly as many people know exactly what those bad things are. Most people just assume that a handful of things go into making cigarettes what they are and that those things are what make cigarettes horrible for you. The truth is that there is a great deal more to the little white stick smokers light up when they have a craving. In this post we’ll be taking a look at what is in cigarettes to see what exactly goes into making a cigarette.
What Is In Cigarettes That You’d Recognize?
There are actually quite a few ingredients in cigarettes that you might recognize or have regular contact with in other ways. Here’s a few ingredients in cigarettes and where you likely encountered them outside of their place in a carton:
- Acetone is something you might have come in contact with in nail polish remover
- Acetic Acid is an ingredient in hair dye
- Ammonia is a common household cleaner ingredient you might have had contact with
- Arsenic is used in rat poison (and people poison seeing as they’re in cigarettes)
- Benzene which is found in rubber cement for all your model builders out there
- Butane which is used in lighter fluid
- Cadmium is an active component in battery acid which we hope you’ve never had contact with
- Carbon Monoxide is released in car exhaust fumes and can kill you in your sleep if you don’t have a detector in your house
- Formaldehyde is an embalming fluid
- Hexamine is found in barbecue lighter fluid
- Lead is also used in batteries and also tuna depending on who you ask
- Naphthalene is an ingredient in moth balls, you know, that smell that reminds you of old people?
- Methanol is a main component in rocket fuel
- Nicotine is also used as insecticide (you know, FYI)
- Tar is a material used for paving roads, like the road that leads to your grave is you’re a smoker
- Toluene is used to manufacture paint
This list is just the list of ingredients that we’re mostly sure you’ve had contact with, there are more that some of you might recognize that are totally horrifying.
What Is In Cigarettes That You Might Not Recognize?
This is where a lot of you will have a rude awakening. In some cases, there are over 600 ingredients in cigarettes. Below is a much more complete list. Feel free to work your way though the list at your own pace: